The heart of the OPAS application is its Calendar and Scheduling functionality. Here you can see and manage your organization’s calendar, employing a wide variety of views and unprecedented event detail.
The Calendar and Dates areas are available in: OPAS Basic | Library | Extended
The Calendar area offers…
- Year, Month, Week and Day views
- Drag-and-drop functionality to quickly build and modify your schedule
- Pop-up details when you mouse over an event
- A variety of different color-codes making it easy to see the schedule from a variety of viewpoints
- Planning Level views to see your orchestra schedule alongside education, production or any other events
- Artistic/Planning Periods to indicate multi-day items
- Filters to restrict the Calendar view by a variety of criteria
Any orchestral activity can encompass myriad details – these are organized in the Dates area. The Dates area and the Calendar are two sides of the same coin: the Calendar is used to see and manage your organization’s schedule in a familiar-and-functional visual format; the Dates area is used for searches, event details, and most reporting.
The Dates area offers…
- Several different screens of event details including program, performer, equipment, production, financial, checklist and other customizable fields
- Quick right-mouse-click access to linked information in repertoire, performer, personnel, financial and other program areas
- A wide variety of search options and saved searches to help you quickly find what you need.
- Access to dozens of standard and customized reports
- Data functions to make quick bulk changes to events
Printing/Exporting the Calendar
OPAS services as the master calendar for your organization. It provides a reliable, common source for a wide assortment of printing and export options:
- Printed yearly, monthly and weekly schedules that can mirror the formats you currently use
- Related documents such as rehearsal schedules, service schedules, conductor schedules and the like
- Automatic export to the optional OPAS Online application where your calendar and program details are available via any web browser and Android/iPhone (using the optional phone apps)
- Export to iCal and CSV files for import to Outlook and Google Calendars
- Customized XML exports for your own web-based calendars